We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
This Policy describes:
- General Information
- The information that we collect
- How we use the information we collect
- How we share information with third parties
- How to contact us and other important information
Union Chain is a blockchain operations service provider. We work with digital assets exchanges, wallets, staking service providers to streamline their middle and back-office operations. When we collect and use your personal information, Union Chain is the controller and processor of data.
Union Chain takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting your personal information. This Policy sets out the way in which personal information you provide to us is used and kept secure by Union Chain. It applies whenever we collect your personal data (including when you use our website or other digital platforms), so please read it carefully.
“Personal information” is anything which enables us to identify you in some way such as a name, email address, or an online identifier such as an IP address or that we can link to you. You may be asked to provide personal information through our digital channels such as the website.
Please note that our website may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience.
We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own website.
We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
- We will process personal information that you give to us including when you email us or contact us through various channels.
- In connection with our provision of digital asset acquisition and storage services: if you are a client of Union Chain you will provide us with personal information when you or the company you represent becomes a client. If you are not a client we may collect or receive your personal information because you are involved in one of our client’s matters.
- Recruitment application: when you apply for a role with us you may provide us with your full name, date of birth, nationality, education and qualification details, your gender, your CV, photograph, passport details, marital status, home address and home telephone number, mobile telephone number and other details set out in your application
We may do the following with your personal information:
- Use it to provide blockchain operations processing services to the relevant client;
- Use it to engage in marketing and business development activity in relation to our services. This may include sending you newsletters, marketing communications and other information that may be of interest to you;
- Where you have applied for a position with us, to review and process your job application;
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
- Use it to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings;
- Record and monitor your use of our websites or our other online services for our business purposes which may include analysis of usage, measurement of site performance and generation of marketing reports;
- Use it for our legitimate business interests, such as undertaking business research and analysis, managing the operation of our websites and our business;
- Use it to look into any complaints or queries you may have; and
- Use it to prevent and respond to actual or potential fraud or illegal activities.
Also, we may collate, process and share any statistics based on an aggregation of information held by us provided that any individual is not identified from the resulting analysis and the collation, processing and dissemination of such information is permitted by law.
What is personal information
How we use the information
We will not sell, trade or lease your personal information to others.
We share personal information with our international offices and the various companies and entities that make up our international network.
We may also share your personal information outside of Union Chain. We contract with third party service providers and suppliers to deliver certain services. Union Chain adheres to the requirement to have Data Processing Agreements in place with each of its providers so that they process your personal data in accordance with this Policy. This may include:
- Third party agents/suppliers or contractors, bound by obligations of confidentiality, in connection with the processing of your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy. This may include, but is not limited to, IT and communications service providers.
- Third parties relevant to the digital asset acquisition and storage services that we provide. This may include, but is not limited to, counterparties to transactions, other professional service providers, regulators, authorities, governmental institutions and exchanges.
- To the extent required by law, regulation or court order, for example, if we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
The following third parties may also have access to your personal information:
- Any other person who is authorised to act on your behalf;
- Regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities, tax authorities and insurance companies;
- Any relevant dispute resolution body or the courts; and
- Persons or businesses in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change in our business.
How we share information with third parties
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called 'cookies' on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.